Psychotherapeutic Counselling Centre
Our Psychotherapeutic Counselling Centre is there for you if you:
- suffer from work- and concentration problems
- have exam nerves or other anxieties
- have conflicts with parents, partners or in the shared apartment
- are in a depressed mood
- suffer from self-esteem problems
- feel that your relationships with other people are unsatisfactory
- often feel overburdened and insecure
- have difficulties to make decisions in regard to your studies or personal matters
- are in an acute psychological crisis
- want to talk about other difficulties with someone who listens to you openly, neutrally and appreciatively
- need information about psychotherapy
- We are still available for phone, in-person, and chat counseling despite the Corona pandemic.
Due to the high demand in our Psychotherapeutic Counseling Center, there are currently unfortunately waiting times of three months or more for an initial appointment. We ask for your understanding
- The 2G rule applies in the counseling center, i.e. you can only attend the counseling in presence if you are fully vaccinated or recovered. Please bring the appropriate certificate to your first appointment. If you are not fully vaccinated or recovered, you can make an online appointment with us. Even with 2G, the hygiene rules still apply in the counseling center (mask, except during the counseling session, distance, wash hands).
- Please enter the counseling center only symptom-free, i.e. without headache or sore throat, cold, cough, etc.! If you have cold symptoms, please contact us by phone or online for an alternative appointment.
Open Consultation Hours
- Time: Mon noon – 2.00 p.m.
- Place: PBS, Wilhelmstraße 1 B, 38100 Braunschweig, 2nd floor
Current notes on the open office hours:
- Due to the pandemic, you have to register for these short appointments (25 minutes max.) in advance via phone or e-mail. In this manner, we can avoid queues and observe the hygiene rules.
- At present, anonymous in-person-counselling during the open cosultation hours is not possible.
- Please bring the filled-in form on data protection to your appointment.
In cases of emergency, please contact:
Städtisches Klinikum Braunschweig
Psychiatric Clinic (24 h)
Salzdahlumer Str. 90
(Crisis line Braunschweig)
Phone (0800) 111 0 111 or (0800) 111 0 222
Psychosozialer Krisendienst Braunschweig
(psycho-social crisis service)
Phone (0531) 470 77 77
(Fri & Sat 3.00 – 10.00 p. m.,
on sun- and holidays 3.00 – 8.00 p. m.)